A workshop to help your people make the transition from a product-led sales approach to a more consultative services-led approach focused on building trust and long-term relationships with customers.
This program comprises three action packed days in which your customer-facing professionals will develop new processes and skills in how to sell services in a complex and competitive business environment. The program is intended for mixed teams of sales, service and support professionals.
The workshop materials are customized to reflect your team’s sales situations. Selling Services and Consulting uses well-proven processes, developed from programs run successfully for top I.T. companies including Alcatel-Lucent, Amdahl/ Fujitsu, Cisco, IBM, Microsoft, Nortel and Siemens. The core material is tried and tested, and then customized to your exact requirements.
Workshop Aims are to:
- Establish the guiding principles which are fundamental to selling services and consulting rather than products
- Introduce a methodology for managing the customer relationship based on establishing trust with the customer
- Provide practice in creating Win-Win sales strategies focused on the customer’s business objectives
- Identify how selling services & consulting requires a team approach to selling
- Provide guidelines in consultative selling skills which are fundamental to successful services & consulting sales
- Help the whole team adopt consistent tools and methodologies to improve team productivity
The workshop enables the team members to examine how the consultative services-led relationship develops with the customer using real-life customer situations as the catalyst to team discussions.
Prior to the workshop, participants will be given a pre-course exercise designed to get them thinking about their customers from a business, not technical perspective, and identifying opportunities for sales of services and consulting.
Throughout the workshop participants will use their own real customer data; there will be discussions and exercises to guide people through the process. Tools and instruments are introduced for use by the sales teams when they return to the field ensuring the ongoing reinforcement of the new skills.
Download the Course Details (PDF)
- Know Your Customer?
- The Customer’s Buying Team
- Focus on the Business Issues
- Services Sales Strategies
- Virtual Team Selling
- The Process of Consultancy
- Planning Consultative Meetings
- Consultative Questioning
- Value Creation
- Think Customer’s Customer
- Customer Partnership
- Winning Presentations
- Role-play practice
- Making it happen